Did you know that the worldwide E-learning market is projected to be worth $325 Billion by the year 2025? According to a statistical report, around 50% of teachers in the K cohort standards admitted to using computers for developing skills once or twice in a week.
Considering these figures, it goes without saying that technology has a significant role to play in education in the future. Teaching is no more confined to the walls of classrooms. From conventional blackboards to iPads; we have come a long way. All students need is a stable internet connection to use digitized paraphrasing tools and referencing generators for fast solutions.
The journey has only begun towards a future of education with virtual access, digitized collaboration and advanced communication among students, teachers, and parents. Are you eager to find out what the future has in store for us?
Here’s everything you should know.
Internet of Things in Education is the Next Big Thing
Internet of Things or IoT in education has gradually entered the sphere with lots of promising features in store. The application of IoT in education is spread across various platforms.
Here’s what you must know.
- IoT in education has facilitated interactive learning by bridging the gap between textbooks and E-books.
- IoT fosters better monitoring of a student’s journey and performance with digitized tools such as SPAplatform, MasteryConnect, and ForAllRubrics.
- IoT has brought forth several education apps like Kahoot, Khan Academy and Edmodo to make learning and teaching an easier process.
- With the help of data analysis and collection tools such as Suma and Google Forms, academic institutions can now collect educational data and analytical insights.
Gaining steady ground in education, IoT is all set to change the face of traditional learning with more such significant advancements in the days to come.
The tailor-made learning experience has reached its next level
Digital transformation has made it easier for all kinds of students to adapt to things in the most convenient way. It goes with saying that every individual student has their own ways of learning. The customized learning experience has simply made it more convenient for children to get the hang of kin-aesthetic, auditory and visual learning methodologies.
- Educators these days are laying focus on making education more interesting with interactive games available on websites like Funbrain, Scholastic.com and Smart Exchange.
- AI tools like Knowji, Splashmath, and Hubert.ai are already making their presence felt in the world of digitized learning and education.
- The emergence of online assignment help portals is said to be one major addition. There are digitized essay typer and assignment help experts to send across customized solutions on the go.
Moreover, a recent report has shown how personalized learning leads to significant gains in a student’s success graph. Thus, it is likely that the world of education will embrace personalized learning as a critical factor behind substantial learning and knowledge accumulation.
Better learning outcomes for students with autism
Every 1 out of 59 students is diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. But that should not stop them from gaining knowledge. Thanks to the advancement of technology in education, assistive technological support for autistic students is undoubtedly making a huge difference.
- Organizational applications such as Birdhouse for Autism, Choiceworks, and DayCape foster augmentative communication, set up visual schedules and the likes.
- AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) devices help autistic students in overcoming speech-language deficits.
- Online programs like Egor and Aiko allow autistic children to watch interactive videos with simple animations which helps in modeling their social behavior and play skills.
With each passing day, technology will only make things better to make learning a feasible experience for students with specific disabilities.
The rise of bandwidth-connected students
Talking of the role of technology in shaping the future of education, this is one point that gets a special mention. In a world where bandwidth has a significant role to play, the number of students who are connected to technology increases as well. This is said to benefit both students and educators in the following ways:
- Instead of organizing a regular in-person meeting, educators can make themselves available on instant messaging apps such as WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
- Students involved in group projects can take advantage of digitized collaboration tools such as Google Docs, Slack and more.
- According to elearningindustry.com, high-capacity bandwidth is essential for smooth resource maintenance, subscription monitoring, and progress tracking.
If we are to look at the stats and insights mentioned above, it seems that broadband-powered education is undeniably one of the most significant developments. This is exactly why high-performing educational countries like Australia, Japan, South Korea, and Singapore are already facilitating heavy-duty broadband setups in school.
Cybersecurity in education has a pivotal role to play
The increasing threat of ransomware is known to us. Reportedly, more than 500 schools were hit by this malicious code in 2019. According to another report, it has been found that cyber attackers are increasingly targeting school systems to accumulate and misuse archives of extracted data. This, as a result, has alarmed and caused various academic institutions across the globe to take corrective measures against such mishaps.
You May Like to Read: Top 5 Simple App Ideas That Make Money
Here are the areas education officials are currently working on.
- The academic institutions are gradually shifting their focus to prevention, and not mitigation. As a result, the academicians and executives are focusing on securing applications from the risk of data theft.
- The officials associated with the domain of education and learning has improved their cybersecurity modules to prevent all types of internal attacks.
- Network security officers are fostering an increased adoption of cloud-based applications such as Dropbox, Evernote, and Google Docs.
- Network security tools such as Netcat, Wireshark, and Aircrack are being developed to ensure enhanced data security and network protection across different platforms.
With so many advancements and digital trends encompassing the world of education, the future certainly seems promising for educators and learners. Before wrapping up, here’s a glance at the key pointers defining the future of education in the hands of technology.
- The Internet of Things has made a mark of excellence in the territory of learning and is here to stay.
- Customised learning experience is about to change of face of education.
- Students with autism shall no longer feel left out, thanks to technological advancements.
- The rise of the bandwidth-connected student is being treated as a boon to the industry.
- Schools and other academic institutions are embracing enhanced network and firewall securities.
That’s all folks!
Author Bio: Patrick Austin is an experienced education counselor and blogger associated with a leading academic institution in the UK. He is also a dedicated assignment writer, working on behalf of the digital brand MyAssignmenhelp.com. During his days of leisure, you may find him enjoying bike rides into the woods, painting and composing music.